Smoked salmon provides a dynamic duo of high-quality protein and those overachieving fats known as omega-3s. It's also just straight-up delicious, especially when paired with dill, lemon juice, and something creamy. That store-bought seven-layer dip can't hold a candle to this in taste or ingredients! To defend against the blitz of caloric overload, opt for reduced-fat Greek yogurt and sour cream, instead of the full-fat versions or mayonnaise.
- 12 oz salmon, smoked
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp dill
- 2 tbsp horseradish
- 1 tbsp, drained capers, canned
- ¼ tsp, ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until well combined. No food processor? Finely dice the salmon, and then stir it with the other ingredients in a large bowl.
- Serve garnished with chopped chives alongside sliced vegetables and whole-grain crackers.
- Note: Capers are optional.