These wonderful recipes are true originals. If meat isn't in your diet, or you just need a break from it, then earn some protein points in healthy ways!
- 2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 whole red onion, sliced
- 1 small whole (2-2/5" dia) tomato, diced
- 3 oz tomato paste
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 muffin english muffin
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 spear, small dill pickles
- 1 package sloppy joe mix
- 2 tbsp liquid smoke
- In a medium sauce pan bring 1 3/4 water to a boil. Mix in tomato paste. Stir frequently. Lower heat and simmer.
- Pour Sloppy Joe mix into water and tomato paste. Stir until ingredients thicken. Cover and simmer.
- In a separate pan, add oil and lightly brown onions. Set aside.
- In same pan, saute mushrooms with 2 tablespoons of Liquid Smoke and parsley until light golden brown.
- Toast the english muffins.
- Add all of the fixings and serve.