Cake doesn't have to be covered in sugary frosting or made of ice cream to be delicious. Still skeptical? Put this delicious protein black forest cake to the test!
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup agave syrup
- 1 cup egg whites
- ½ cup(s) pea protein powder
- ½ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp baking Stevia
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 340 g nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 8 oz fat-free cream cheese
- ½ cup(s) casein protein powder
- Blend all cake ingredients together until they're well combined and the batter is smooth.
- Bake at 320 F (160 C) for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- For the frosting, mix all frosting ingredients together until you get a creamy thick batter.
- Let the cake cool completely before frosting.
- Cut the cake in half horizontally and fill it with frosting. Looking for an added punch of flavor? Coat the middle layer with cherry jam.
- Frost the sides and top of your cake. Make additional decorations by using a piping bag. If you want, stay true to traditional black forest cake by adding shaved dark chocolate and cherries.
- Top with 16 candles-the extra one is for good luck—close your eyes, and make a wish. Eat up!