If you're looking for a smoothie to get you through the workday and don't have time for a complete meal at lunch, this one will fit the bill perfectly. It's high in protein and healthy fats but relatively low in carbs, which will help prevent the midafternoon crash that most people experience. And of course, since no smoothie would be complete without protein, this smoothie has not one, but two excellent sources of protein—whey protein powder and Greek yogurt. This makes it a perfect addition to the diet of anyone who struggles to get enough protein into their day. Because of the fat content, this is a better post-workout shake than pre-workout, but if you have it several hours before training you'll be fine.
- 1 scoop Kaged Muscle MicroPure Whey Protein Isolate, Chocolate
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cubes ice
- Place all ingredients in a blender and pulse blend until desired consistency is reached.