I'm one of those people who counts the time between my last pancake and the next one. If it gets to be over a week, I need to take emergency measures—like whipping up a batch of these Oreo protein pancakes. These are really simple protein pancakes, but they'll taste incredibly decadent and tender. Why? It's the simple stuff: cocoa powder, chocolate-milk-flavored Combat Powder, and Greek yogurt, all of which boost the chocolate flavor and soft texture. The sauce doesn't hurt, either—or rather, the sauces! The way I prepare these babies, they have both a really easy dark-chocolate sauce and a white-chocolate sauce to recreate the cookies-and-cream vibe of an Oreo. Then, just for fun, I'll crunch up a single cookie on top. That part is up to you and your macros!
- ½ cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp granular erythritol
- ½ cup skim milk
- ¼ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 whole egg
Dark chocolate sauce Ingredients
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 4 tbsp walden Farms Syrup
White chocolate sauce Ingredients
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 oreo cookies
- Preheat pan or griddle to medium-high heat. Mix flour, protein powder, cocoa, Stevia, and baking powder in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, mix milk, Greek yogurt, and egg. Combine wet and dry ingredients, and gently mix until smooth.
- Spoon batter onto griddle to make 6 medium-sized pancakes. Cook for about 3 minutes per side.
- Layer pancakes with white chocolate pudding. Mix dark-chocolate-sauce ingredients and drizzle over pancakes. Heat white chocolate and drizzle over pancakes. Crush Oreo and add to the top. Enjoy!