The yule log cake, also known as the bûche de Nöel or "log of Christmas," is one of those desserts that seldom ventures outside of the holiday season. While it's destined to be forever relegated to December and January—gracing bakeries with vanilla, chocolate, and buttercream filling—there's one version of the holiday log you won't find lining supermarket shelves: the protein yule log.
- ½ cup casein protein powder
- ¾ cup milk, fat-free
- 2 tbsp freeze-dried strawberries
- Blend the casein with the milk until you get a smooth mix. If you want it creamier still, add some cream cheese to your mix.
- Spread the filling on the cake and roll it.
- Note: You can use cow, almond, or coconut milk.