Don't steer clear of big bad ground beef. Choose a lean variety and start experimenting!
- 1 oz lean ground beef
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 serving 1 cup low-sodium tomato soup
- 1 cup kernels corn kernels, frozen
- 1 cup strips or slices carrots
- 1 cup, sliced onions
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup, shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp onion flakes
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium heat.
- Add water, salsa, soup and kernel corn; cook for 5 minutes.
- Add carrots, onions and mushrooms and cook another 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, crushed garlic and onion flakes, and then stir before serving.
- Serve alongside a baked sweet potato if extra carbs are required.