Stop eating the same baked chicken over and over. Add a little crunch, spice, tang, and zing to tonight's dinner with this oat-crusted chicken recipe!
Oat-Crusted Chicken Ingredients
- 4 piece chicken breast
- 1 egg
- 1½ cup raw oats
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¾ tsp table salt
- 1 tbsp water
Yogurt Sauce Ingredients
- 3 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 lemon
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp fresh dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients for the yogurt sauce into a small bowl and stir until evenly mixed.
- In a shallow dish, mix paprika, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and oats.
- In a second dish, beat the egg and water with fork until frothy.
- Place the chicken in a plastic bag and flatten it by beating firmly on each side.
- Heat the stove to medium; add canola oil to the pan.
- Dip chicken into the egg mixture, then coat with seasoned oats mixture.
- Cook the chicken in the pan until golden brown on both sides.
- Drizzle yogurt sauce on a serving dish, and place the chicken on top.