While the name frittata is Italian, this version has a Mexican twist. Most dieters avoid Mexican food altogether since so many restaurant dishes contain chips, tortillas, tons of oil, and lots and lots of cheese. But, with this recipe, you can enjoy your favorite Mexican flavors without screwing up your diet.
- 4 whole egg
- 1 cup liquid egg whites
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- ½ sliced white onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tomato, finely diced
- 1 tbsp (1 serving) taco seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat a large, non-stick, oven-safe saute pan on high.
- Saute bell pepper and onion in olive oil until soft. Gradually add spices.
- Remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs and egg whites and then pour on top of pepper and onion mixture.
- Sprinkle diced tomatoes.
- Put pan into preheated oven.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes.
- If your diet allows for some extra fats, you can top the frittata with some guacamole, jack cheese, or both. You can also top with your favorite hot sauce or salsa.