Nothing's more comforting than sitting down to a bowl of warm protein-rich goulash on a cool day. Slurp your way swole with this recipe!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup paprika
- 2 lb beef, bottom-round
- 4 clove garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 28 oz diced tomatoes
- ½ cup stalk celery, finely diced
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1½ tsp table salt
- ½ tsp, ground black pepper
- 2 bay leaf
- 1 tsp caraway seed
- In a Dutch oven or large saucepot, cook onions with olive oil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until lightly browned.
- Remove from heat, and stir in paprika (you don’t want the paprika to burn and turn bitter).
- Add diced beef and minced garlic and return to heat. Cook for 15-30 minutes until tender and no longer pink (tougher cuts require more time).
- Add bell pepper, diced tomatoes, celery, and remaining ingredients. (This is also where you would add other diced vegetables like carrots, parsnips, or potatoes).
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce the heat to medium, and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- For meal prep, divide the batch into six portions. Enjoy!