Savor the flavor of a creamy, melt-in-your-mouth cookie full of peanut buttery goodness. Choosy moms might choose Jif, but protein lovers choose these low-carb cookies!
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup(s) pea protein powder
- ¼ cup liquid egg whites
- ½ tsp toffee extract
- ½ tsp butterscotch extract
- Blend all the ingredients together until you get a batter that's similar to dough.
- Divide your "dough" into four balls and press them with your hands onto a baking tray.
- If you want to decorate or add a design to your cookies like I did, stamp them before baking.
- Bake your cookies at 160 C (320 F) for about 25-30 minutes, or until they feel cooked to the touch. If you're a fan of a soft center, you can underbake them a bit. If you prefer that extra crunch, cook them a while longer.
- Note: Adapt the recipe according to your taste buds. Craving sweet? Add more sweetener. Looking for more vanilla flavor? Add some vanilla essence. You get the idea! For added deliciousness, add some nuts—chopped pecans, walnuts, or macadamia nuts would be awesome here. Is chocolate your thing? Add some dark chocolate chips before baking or top with melted dark chocolate to create a dark chocolate cookie shell!