A recipe that will spark the flame and keep you both on track.
- 8 oz oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 8 oz tomato sauce, canned
- ¼ cup part-skim pizza blend cheese
- ½ cup fat-free mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 oz chicken breast, shredded
- 1 whole egg
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup spinach, cooked
- italian seasoning to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the ricotta, egg, minced garlic, spinach, and Italian seasoning in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- In a second bowl, mix together the pizza blend cheese and the mozzarella.
- Spread about 1/5 of the tomato sauce on the bottom of the lasagna pan.
- Place two lasagna noodles on top of the sauce.
- To start the first layer, add 1/3 of the ricotta mix and spread it over the noodles. Sprinkle 1/4 of the mozzarella and pizza blend mixture on top of the ricotta. Spread another 1/5 of the tomato sauce on top of the cheese, and sprinkle 1/3 of the shredded chicken over that. Place 2 more noodles on top. Repeat this step until you have completed 3 layers.
- To finish off the top layer, spread your last 1/5 of the tomato sauce over the noodles, and sprinkle with the remainder of the mozzarella.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes to brown the top.