Warning: this dish causes a fiesta in your mouth! Super filling and flavorful!
- 1 whole whole-wheat tortilla (10-inch)
- ¼ cup low-sodium black beans
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp table salt
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 5 large egg whites
- ¼ cup salsa
- 1 cup, pureed avocado
- 2 tbsp nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 to taste red pepper
- ¼ cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare black bean puree: add black beans, cumin, garlic and salt into small food processor; pulse until puree and pour into a pot over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, place wrap in the oven on baking pan and cook for 5 minutes on each side.
- Pour egg whites onto skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle cheese over half of the eggs and flip the other side once the omelet sets.
- Prepare the dish by spreading the black bean puree over the wrap and slide omelet on top.
- Garnish with salsa, yogurt, avocado and crushed red pepper.