Hands down, this is one of my favorite meals! Penny-pinching or not, this meal should be a part of your regular diet. You'll likely never approach eating chicken and rice the same.
- 5 oz chicken breast
- 1 tbsp mustard
- ½ cup basmati rice
- ½ cup, chunks pineapple
- ½ cup, chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 pinch table salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- Cut the chicken breast into small pieces.
- Rub 1 tbsp mustard on the pieces of chicken breast and add seasonings.
- Dice the bell peppers and fresh pineapple.
- Set skillet on medium heat and lightly spray with coconut oil.
- Add chicken to the skillet and cook on all sides. When the chicken is almost finished cooking, increase the heat to high and toss in pieces of pineapple and bell peppers. Be careful not to let too much water from the pineapple into the skillet.
- Stir quickly with a spatula while allowing the sides of the pineapple and bell peppers to grill and brown. This should take 3-5 minutes. Be careful not to overcook the chicken breast.
- Serve over rice and enjoy. If you have it, add a drop or two of Bragg's Liquid Aminos for a flavor overload!