Turning up the flavor on chicken breast can make your meal sing. A palm-sized portion of grilled chicken provides roughly 25 grams of protein, while the addition of thyme and rosemary add flavor, sans salt. Rosemary, rich in folic acid and vitamins A and C, has been shown to ease muscle pain and indigestion. Just one tablespoon of this fragrant herb also delivers five percent of an adult's recommended daily amount of iron.
- 24 oz chicken breast
- ½ cup black olives, sliced
- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp, ground thyme
- 1 tsp, ground oregano
- 2 lemon yields lemon juice
- 1 dash black pepper
- In a bowl, mix the olive oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme, oregano, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Cut the chicken into strips. Place the chicken strips, olives, and diced tomatoes in the olive oil mixture. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator 8 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place chicken mixture in aluminum foil and, creating a pocket, add some of the marinade to keep it moist.
- Cook for about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese before serving.