These mashed potatoes are always a hit. I like mine a little lumpy, but they're wonderful creamy too. No one will care in the least that you used protein-packed Greek yogurt instead of butter. In fact, the slight yogurt tang is always a hit!
- 2½ lb red potatoes, quartered
- ¾ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup low-fat parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp table salt
- ¼ tsp, ground black pepper
- Cover red potatoes with warm water in a large pot, salting generously.
- Bring water to a boil, and then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer potatoes 15-20 minutes until pierced easily with a fork.
- Remove pot from heat and drain water.
- Add Greek yogurt and remaining ingredients to potatoes; mash with a potato masher until creamy. Add more water or milk if potatoes are too thick. Serve hot.