Before we broke bread and let football take over the holiday, simpler times made for cleaner food. Celebrate the paleo way!
- 1 whole onion, finely diced
- 5 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp butter, without salt
- 1 tbsp, ground thyme
- ½ tsp salt
- Place saucepan under high heat. Add broth, onions, garlic and thyme, and bring it to a boil. Once it boils, lower heat to low and let it simmer for 30 minutes (or until the onions and garlic are soft).
- Add sea salt, pepper, and coconut aminos as it simmers.
- Once it's simmered for about 30 minutes, pour mixture to a blender and add 2 tablespoons of butter. Blend until thoroughly mixed.
- Serve immediately.
- Note: You can also add full fat coconut milk if you want a creamier gravy.