Being from Texas, me showing up to a picnic or cookout without some form of potato salad is like showing up to the gym without headphones—it's a necessary tool to get you in the proper mood. Here's my #FitMenCook take on a Southern classic that will leave your taste buds screaming and your muscles pumped. Seriously: You'll grow after eating this.
- 450 g sweet potato, cut into cubes
- 3 strip low-sodium turkey bacon
- ¾ cup 2% greek yogurt, plain
- ½ cup low-sodium black beans
- ⅓ cup 1" pieces, loosely packed kale
- ½ cup corn
- ⅓ cup green onion, chopped
- 1 oz goat cheese
- 1 oz fat-free mozzarella cheese
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Set oven to 350F.
- Cut sweet potatoes into small quarter-sized chunks and place on a baking sheet. Lightly spray with coconut oil and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes or until the chunks are soft, yet slightly firm. Remove and allow to cool for about 10 minutes on a rack.
- Cook turkey bacon in a skillet and then cut it into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients listed. Mix everything together using a spatula, and serve immediately. This dish can be served warm or cold.