Sandwich your meats between some veggies and, voila! You've got the lunch of champions. The chicken breast and Portabella mushroom combination is a tasty, protein-packed bite. You'll also get a fantastic helping of potassium and selenium.
- 2 piece whole portabella mushroom caps
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 whole egg
- 1 piece chicken breast
- 2 slice, thin/small tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup lettuce
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Pat dry chicken breast with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper.
- Place on top rack of the broiler, uncovered, and cook each side for approximately 10 minutes or until cooked through. There should be no appearance of pink in the meat.
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet and sauté mushrooms for 3-5 minutes on each side or until the mushrooms turn golden brown on the top and become tender. Remove and set aside.
- Fry the egg in the skillet over medium-high heat.
- Arrange the burger with fresh lettuce, tomato slices, chicken breast and fried egg.