Skip the store-bought, sugar-laced, milk chocolate Easter eggs. Get in the kitchen and make these delicious, protein-packed, dark chocolate eggs instead!
- ⅜ cup(s) chocolate protein powder
- ¼ cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ⅜ cup skim milk
- 50 g dark chocolate
- In a bowl, mix the protein powder, cocoa, coconut flour and milk until a thick paste, kind of like a dough, is formed. You need to roll the dough into "eggs," so if your mix is too runny or sticky, add a touch more coconut flour until it gets to the right consistency. (Be careful! Too much coconut flour will make the filling too fibrous.) Note: If you don't have coconut flour, you can use casein instead.
- Form six "eggs" out of the batter by rolling them with your hands, and proceed to melt your dark chocolate in a bain marie, or a glass bowl on top of a pot of boiling water.
- When the chocolate has melted, dip your "eggs" to create a chocolate shell, and then place the chocolate-coated eggs on a baking tray lined with baking paper or foil.
- Put them in the freezer for an hour or so. That's it! Your eggs are ready to eat.