Before we broke bread and let football take over the holiday, simpler times made for cleaner food. Celebrate the paleo way!
- 4 cup cranberries
- ¾ cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- ½ cup honey
- ⅛ tsp allspice, ground
- Place saucepan under medium heat; add grapefruit juice, lemon juice, raw honey and allspice. Stir until honey melts. Juice should be slightly simmering.
- Add cranberries and continue to stir.
- As the cranberries cook, they'll pop. The sauce is ready when all cranberries have popped.
- Let sauce cool in refrigerator and serve with turkey.