There are few snacks more beloved than applesauce. Whether you're looking for warm comfort on a cold winter day or trying to beat the heat with a healthy treat, applesauce is the answer. Homemade applesauce is easier to make than you think, and you can use any variety of apples you like! Add fresh cranberries for tartness, sugar and spice to taste, and an extra punch of Traditional Tonic Nourishing Collagen to transform this childhood favorite into the perfect protein-packed snack.
- 1 cup cranberries
- 2 medium (3" dia) apples, peeled and sliced
- 1½ cup apple cider
- ½ cup unpacked dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 scoop(s) Gym & Tonic Collagen Protein
- ⅛ tsp table salt
- Place all the ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring mixture to a simmer. Reduce the heat and simmer 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently to avoid sticking or burning.
- Once most of the berries have burst and the apples are falling apart, remove from heat.
- Cool before serving. If you prefer a smoother sauce, blend the mixture after it has cooled.