Peanut butter and chocolate with a molten chocolate center? Yes, please! Try this unique gluten-free cookie recipe for a tasty triple-chocolate treat!
Cookie Dough Ingredients
- 2 cup chickpeas, canned
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 scoop RSP Nutrition TrueFit Lean Protein (Chocolate)
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup chocolate chunks
Chocolate Filling Ingredients
- 4 oz dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- Using the double boiler method, melt the dark chocolate together with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter over hot water.
- As soon as the peanut butter and melted chocolate are well mixed, remove the mixture from the heat and let it cool.
- Use the cooled chocolate mixture to form 12 dots, about 5/8 inch in diameter, and place them on a plate or cookie sheet. Refrigerate the chocolate drops and let them cool completely.
- While the chocolate fillings cool, process the chickpeas in a food processor or blender with maple syrup and 2 tablespoons of peanut butter until the mixture is smooth.
- In a bowl, mix the coconut flour, cacao, and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients to the blended chickpeas and mix together. If the batter is too thin, add more coconut flour.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- With a tablespoon, take a scoop of the batter and drop it on the cookie sheet, repeating until you have 12 cookies. Make a dent in each mound and fill the hole with a chocolate peanut butter dot. Close up and seal the cookie dough around the chocolate peanut butter dot.
- Top each cookie with chocolate chunks.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the cookies cool inside the oven.