Have you ever ordered an ice-cream-topped hot cookie at a restaurant? I have. This bowl of protein oatmeal reminded me of it—something about the combination of cocoa, cinnamon, and protein ice cream. This recipe offers an interesting twist on the original, with a hint of chili that seems innocent enough at first but—BAM!—takes over your palette.
- ¼ cup raw oats
- ¼ cup unsweetened whey protein powder
- ½ cup milk (1%)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 scoop vanilla protein ice cream
- 1 square dark chocolate
- In a nonstick pot, bring your milk and oats to a boil, then simmer for 3-5 minutes until you get a thick and "porridgy" consistency.
- Remove the oatmeal from the heat and let it cool a bit before adding the rest of the ingredients. Make sure you taste your oatmeal to adapt its level of spice, and the depth of its chocolateyness!
- Add a scoop of protein ice cream on top and some chocolate sauce. You can use the square of dark chocolate or 1 tbsp calorie-free chocolate syrup. This is totally optional but nice if you want to make more of a protein dessert!