Forget the bun! You won't be disappointed by these juicy burgers with a surprise filling of cheddar cheese!
- 2 lb lean ground beef
- 8 oz reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup olive oil
- 8 leaf, large iceberg lettuce
- 1 medium whole (2-3/5" dia) tomatoes
- 2½ tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 avocado
- 8 slice pickles
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine meat, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper to taste in a medium bowl. Blend well.
- Divide meat into 8 equal portions and shape each into a ball.
- Poke a deep hole in each ball and fill with 1 ounce of cheese. Mold meat around cheese to enclose, and flatten each burger to a 3/4-inch-thick patty.
- Cook each burger in olive oil to desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium.
- Top each burger with avocado, a slice of tomato, and a pickle spear, and wrap in a lettuce leaf.