In my family, I'm famous for my delicious chicken rub recipe. I want to share it with you! The brown sugar and spice are a perfect pairing. These wings are sure to be a crowd favorite.
- 2 lb chicken drumette
- ¼ cup splenda, brown sugar blend
- ½ tbsp paprika
- ½ tbsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tbsp chili powder
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tbsp onion powder
- Rinse and pat dry chicken, then trim off visible fat.
- Place chicken in a large pot. Fill pot with cold water until chicken is covered by two inches.
- Bring water to a boil and boil for 10 minutes.
- While chicken is boiling, put remaining ingredients in a large Ziploc bag and shake to mix.
- Set broiler to high with the rack about 6 inches from the flame.
- Once chicken is done, remove from water and add to Ziploc bag.
- Shake until all wings are fully covered with marinade.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet and broil for 6 minutes on each side until skin starts to crisp.