These quick and easy breakfast tacos use meatless jackfruit "carnitas" as their base and homemade pico de gallo for garnish, but to save time you can always substitute a store-bought salsa instead. To make this meal gluten-free, swap out the flour tortillas for corn, and if you prefer a completely vegan option, scramble up tofu instead of eggs.
Pico de gallo Ingredients
- 1 tomatoes
- ¼ red onion, sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
jackfruit scramble Ingredients
- 1 package upton’s naturals chili lime carnitas jackfruit
- 2 egg
- 4 flour tortilla
- For the pico de gallo: Combine the tomato, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, and a pinch of salt in a bowl and toss to combine. Let sit so the flavors can marry.
- Heat a pan and add a little bit of olive oil. Add jackfruit and sauté for about 4 minutes.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and drop into the pan with the jackfruit, scrambling them as they cook.
- In a hot skillet without oil, heat the tortillas for about 30 seconds on each side. Fill tortillas with jackfruit scramble, and top with pico de gallo.