This scrumptious blackberry lemon mug cake is macro-friendly and ready in less than 5 minutes. In my case, it came out so piping hot and delicious that it didn't even last 2 minutes after taking pretty pictures! The mug cake is about the size of a large muffin, so it's satisfying for 250 calories. This would make the perfect dessert when you're craving something fruity, but it also serves as a delicious breakfast! Yes, I eat cake for breakfast…often.
- 20 g vanilla whey protein powder
- ¼ cup baking Stevia
- 3 tbsp oat flour
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp egg whites
- 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup blackberries
- Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Mix in wet ingredients.
- Gently stir in blackberries, and set aside.
- Lightly spray an oversized mug with cooking spray, then pour batter into mug.
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes, until set.
- Dump your cake onto a plate and add desired toppings. Enjoy!