Here is a fresh and healthy recipe that you won't find anywhere because I made them up. I have flipped through many pages of wonderful cook books and twisted the ingredients around to make every dish delicious and very healthy to enjoy! I hope you find my recipes tasty.
- 2 beet (2" dia) beets
- 1 cucumber (8-1/4") cucumber, chopped
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 4 leaf red cabbage
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- ¼ cup whole kernels almonds
- 1 dash sea salt
- ¼ tsp sugar
- ½ cup sauerkraut
- Steam beets for 15-20 minutes (depending on how tender you prefer). Rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Mix cucumber, sauerkraut, dill and rice wine vinegar in a bowl. Add a dash of raw sugar and sea salt is optional for taste.
- Chill all of the ingredients scoop ingredients into cabbage leaf cups.
- Garnish with a small portion of almonds in the center of dish for extra crunch. You may add slivered or whole (raw or roasted) almonds over cabbage cups.