Don't steer clear of big bad ground beef. Choose a lean variety and start experimenting!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 packet reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 cup water
- 4 whole wheat soft tortillas
- ½ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- ½ cup salsa
- ¼ cup, shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup onion, finely diced
- ½ cup, chopped or sliced tomatoes
- 1 cup lettuce
- Brown the ground beef and onion in a skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in the taco seasoning mix and water and let simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Once cooled, spoon beef into soft tortilla shells and top with sour cream, salsa, cheese, shredded lettuce and diced veggies.
- Wrap and serve.