Being plant based does not mean you have to give up on your favorite foods. You just have to be a little more creative. Here is a delicious and nutritious veggie lasagna that can help you stay on your macros and satisfy your taste buds. This recipe is simple and can be easily customized based on your preferences or availability of ingredients. Pick your favorite lasagna sheets because it will be the familiar backbone of the dish. The blended tofu can mimic that creamy ricotta texture and provide you with lots of protein. The nutritional yeast can give that cheesy taste and your dose of Vitamin B12. The blend vegetables (broccoli, spinach, green onion) will balance out the flavor of the decadent white sauce and hide a full serving of your greens.
- 1 block tofu, firm
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 whole green onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
White Sauce Ingredients
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup non-dairy cheese
- 1 box oven-ready lasagna noodles
- ½ cup non-dairy cheese
- In a food processor or blender, combine and mix tofu, spinach, green onion, nutritional yeast and plenty of seasoning (salt, pepper, red pepper, paprika)
- Add olive oil in a medium saucepan on medium low heat.
- Sprinkle in flour and whisk to form a thick paste
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until it’s slightly brown.
- Reduce the heat to low, and slowly pour in the almond milk.
- Whisk continuously until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Add the non-dairy cheese and seasoning (salt and pepper).
- Stir until the cheese melts and the sauce becomes creamy.
- Spray a large rectangle pan (9x13”)
- Layer the filling, then a lasagna sheet, then sauce. Repeat.
- Make sure you cover all of the lasagna sheets with sauce
- Add a layer of cheese to the top
- Cover with aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 425° F / 218° C
- Bake for 40 minutes covered
- Uncover and bake for another 20 minutes or until cheese is melted
- Remove and let rest for 15 minutes