The only thing better than the aroma of coffee wafting through the house first thing in the morning is the smell of freshly baked cinnamon rolls. As a kid, nothing could get me down the stairs for breakfast faster! Though it's been ages since I've actually had the kind of cinnamon rolls my mom would bake, I can still remember the warm buttery goodness with hints of vanilla, cinnamon, and sugar icing.
- ⅓ cup powdered Stevia
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1½ cup oat flour
- 2 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup vanilla, nonfat greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray an 8 X 8 inch Pyrex dish with non-stick spray.
- In small bowl combine: (set aside) 1/3 cup Ideal (Xylitol) 2 tsp cinnamon
- In a large bowl combine: (whisk together) 1 1/2 cups oat flour + 2 scoops vanilla whey protein, 1 tbsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 cup Ideal (Xylitol) or 1/4 cup Stevia in the Raw
- In a medium bowl combine: (whisk together & add to lrg bowl), 2 egg whites, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (Almond Breeze), 1/3 cup or 1 4oz jar of baby food applesauce and ¼ cup low sugar vanilla yogurt (optional)
- Pour a shallow layer of batter into the loaf pan (about 1/4 of the batter).
- Sprinkle heavily with half of the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Repeat with remaining batter & cinnamon/sugar on top.
- Draw a knife through the batter to marble. Bake for 24 to 28 min. Let cool for 10 min. Bread will be dense.