Looking to add a protein punch to your morning meal? Try out these delicious and healthy blueberry banana protein donuts.
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 45 g Isopure Zero Carb WPI, Banana Cream
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch table salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 whole egg
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large (8" to 8-7/8" long) banana, mashed
- 2 tbsp Splenda
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup blueberries
PB Banana Sauce (Optional) Ingredients
- 2 tbsp natural creamy peanut butter
- 15 g Isopure Zero Carb WPI, Banana Cream
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 6-spot donut pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add flour, protein powder, baking powder, salt and cinnamon to a large bowl. Whisk until combined.
- In a separate bowl, add egg, light butter, mashed banana, granular swe etener and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and gently stir together until a smooth batter forms. Fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into a ziploc or piping bag. Cut the end off and pipe donut batter into each of the prepared spots in the donut pan.
- Bake at 350F for 8 minutes. Be careful not to overbake or they will dry out easily. Let completely cool and enjoy!
- Notes: Light butter is 4g of fat per tablespoon. It can be found near the butter. Alternatively, coconut oil or regular butter can be used. Any sweetener which measures 1:1 with sugar can be used. I used swerve, which is sugar free and has no glycemic impact. It can be found in the baking aisle.