- Name: Ryan Murphy
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Age: 18
- Where: Fountain, Colorado
- Height: 5'9"
- Weight: 150 Lbs
- Years Bodybuilding :1
- Favorite Bodypart: Chest
- Favorite Exercise: Flat Bench Press
- Favorite Supplements: USPlabs Jack3d
How Did You Get Started?
When I was fourteen I started to lift at the gym on post with my dad on a regular basis for about a year, until he got deployed. Shortly there after I got a membership at the local YMCA and continued to lift. Within no time I made friends with a couple guys named Alex and Mike that were bigger and stronger than me. They motivated me and pushed me to get where I am now. We are still friends and lifting partners to this day.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
After much trial and error I found a workout plan that I think works very well for me. I target two different muscle groups each day for four days, and I rest on the fifth day. For example:
Day 1: Chest/Triceps
- Alternate Between Flat Bench And Incline Bench: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Dumbbell Flyes: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Bench: 4 sets of 8-12reps
- Dumbbell Flat Bench: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Dips: 4 sets of 15-20 reps
- Skull Crushers: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Triceps Extensions: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
Day 2: Legs/Abs
- Alternate Between Walking Lunges And Squats: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Seated Calve Raises: 4 sets of 20 reps
- Leg Extensions: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Hamstring Curls: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Standing Calve Raises: 4 sets of 20 reps
- Declined Crunch: 2 sets of 50 reps
- Lower Abdominal Leg Raises: 4 sets of 20 reps
Day 3: Back/Shoulders
- Pull Ups: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Bent Over Rows: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Lat Pulldowns: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Seated Cable Rows: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Deadlift: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Overhead Press: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Arnold Presses: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Lateral Raises: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Front Raises: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Day 4: Biceps/Abs
- Preacher Curls: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Seated Dumbbell Curls: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Standing Barbell Curls: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Concentration Curls: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Declined Crunch: 2 sets of 50 reps
- Declined Oblique Crunches: 4 sets of 20 reps each side
- Weighted Sit Ups: 4 sets of 15-20 reps
Day 5: Recovery Day
Day 6: Begin Day 1 Routine Again
I also make sure I incorporate an intense cardio workout into my routine at least three times a week such as, swimming, biking, or running.
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
- 1-2 Cups Pasta
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
USPlabs Jack3d is one of my favorite supplements because it helps give me that little bit of motivation I need to kill it in the gym after a long day.
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
I love working out, because it makes me feel good mentally and physically. Working out enables me to clear my mind, and relax by focusing on one thing that is much simpler than a hectic life. As a result, bodybuilding has enabled me to approach my day-to-day life with a clear and confident state of mind.What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
The feeling I get from being healthy and working hard to be the best I can possibly be is what motivates me to lead a healthy lifestyle, because I workout I am a more motivated and goal oriented person that's ready to grab life by the horns.What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
In addition to my long term goals, I set a series of short term goals for myself that help me to stay motivated. Because there is not a greater feeling then the feeling you get when you work really hard toward a goal and not only achieve that goal, but watch yourself improve as result of your hard work and dedication. As a result I am able to stay motivated and set even higher goals for myself.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
No matter where life may take me I am going to continue to lift and push myself in the gym until the day I die, but one of my aspirations is to become a fitness model so that I could get paid to do what I love as well as admiration for my hard work and dedication.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
My one tip to everyone is too never give up, no matter how hard things are or what people say. Always remember your dreams.