- Name: Ritchie T. Turpin
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Age: 19
- Where: Devon, England
- Height: 5' 2''
- Weight: 140 Lbs.
- Years Bodybuilding :1
- Favorite Bodypart: Abs
- Favorite Exercise: Preacher Curl
- Favorite Supplements: Whey Protein and Creatine
How Did You Get Started?
My uncle Karl Rapson was a bodybuilder and when I was about 6 years old he was getting ready to compete in the Mr. Plymouth Juniors in 1997. He had me doing sit-ups, pull-ups, etc. and he was always telling me to stop because I'd hurt myself. He came in third in the show and it inspired me; since then I have always worked out.
I began developing a six pack but never went to the gym until I was about 17. I started training at Bodylines gym with four friends just to build fitness but it became addictive. My friends ended up giving up but I was determined to keep training and push myself. I then started training with my uncle Peter and he's massive. He was pushing me to the limit, increasing my weight and getting me into a good routine; I was rapidly improving and getting stronger.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
- Flat bench press: 5 sets of 8-15 reps
- Incline: 5 sets of 8-15 reps
- Decline: 5 sets of 8-15 reps
- Dumbbell flyes: 5 sets of 8-15 reps
- Cable crossovers: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Hanging ab raises: 5 sets of 8-15 reps
- Lateral pulldown: 5 sets of 8-15 reps
- Bent-over row: 5 sets of 8-15 reps
- Reverse dumbbell flyes: 5 sets of 8-15 reps
- Wide-grip pullups: 1 set to failure
- Decline situps with medicine ball: 3 sets of 25 reps
- Abs raises: 3 sets of 25 reps
- Cardio: 10 min sprints
- Leg press: 4 sets of 8-15 reps
- Calf raises: 4 sets of 8-15 reps
- Leg curl: 4 sets of 8-15 reps
- Squats: 4 sets of 8-15 reps
- Deadlift: 3 sets of 6-10 reps
- Shoulder press: 4 sets of 8-15 reps
- Standing shoulder press: 4 sets of 8-15 reps
- Shrugs: 4 sets of 8-15 reps
- Upright row: 3 sets of 8-15 reps
- Handstand pushups: 1 set to failure
- Crunches: 3 sets of 20-100 reps
- Barbell curl: 5 sets of 8-15 reps
- Hammer curl: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Cable curl: 2 sets of 15 reps
- Preacher curl: 1 set to failure
- Close-grip bench press: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- French press: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Skull crushers: 4 sets of 8-15 reps
- Dips: 1 set to failure
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
- Varies (Whatever my mother cooks)
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
Training helps me relieve stress and feel good about myself, I just love pumping iron. And I love it because it keeps me fit and healthy. It's a proven fact that people who exercise regular are happy than those who don't exercise.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
Healthy is the way forward for me. It just gives me energy, strength, power and makes me feel top of the world. I get motivated because being fit makes me feel happier, also I have worked in construction so keeping fit helps me in that type of job.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
Determination and knowing that I could push myself to the limit.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
My future plans are to enter and do well in competitions such as the Mr. Plymouth Juniors. I want to try to become the very best which will take a lot of commitment, and maybe get sponsored to help me achieve that goal.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Never give up, timing's the key, and believe in yourself.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?
I use most features, it's a brilliant site.