- Name: Pheng Her
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Age: 17
- Where: Minnesota
- Height: 5'5"
- Weight: 160 lbs
- Years Bodybuilding :6
- Favorite Bodypart: Back
- Favorite Exercise: Bench press
- Favorite Supplements: NO-Xplode
How Did You Get Started?
I used to be a pretty big kid up until the seventh grade when my brother had me start a fitness plan. I started with knowing nothing but push-ups and sit-ups. When I started high school I joined football and wrestling. I gained about 10 lbs in the process. I didn't plan on getting bigger at that point.
It wasn't till junior year where I had an article of Muscle & Fitness magazine and came across an article about Ronnie Coleman. I saw a shredded picture of Ronnie Coleman in a most muscular pose. And that was all I needed.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
Day 1: Chest:
- Incline Barbell Presses: 4 sets 15, 12, 10, 8 reps
- Flat Barbell Press: 4 sets 12, 8, 6, 6 reps
- Decline Barbell Press: 4 sets 10-12 reps
- Dumbbell Flyes: 3 sets 10-12 reps
Day 2: Back:
- Chin-ups: 3 sets 10-12
- Deadlift: 6 sets 10, 10, 8, 5, 5, 5
- Bent-over Barbell Row: 3 sets 10-12
- T-Bar Row: 4 sets 15, 10, 8, 8
- Dumbbell row: 3 sets 15
Day 3: Arms:
- Close-Grip Bench Press: 3 sets 12
- Triceps Extensions: 3 sets 12
- Skull Crushers: 3 sets 12
- Barbell Curl: 3 sets 10-12
- Preacher Curls: 3 sets 12
- Concentration curls: 3 sets 12
Day 4: Shoulder:
- Overhead press: 5 sets 15, 15, 10, 10, 10
- Front dumbbell raises: 3 sets 10
- Up-right Rows: 3 sets 8-10
- Side lateral raises: 3 sets 12
- Bent-over lateral raises: 3 sets 10-12
- Barbell Shrugs: 3 sets 8-10
- Dumbbell Shrugs: 3 sets 15
Day 5: Legs:
- Squats: 6 sets 15, 15, 12, 10, 8, 5, 5
- Weighted Lunges: 3 sets (about 20 strides)
- Lying leg curls: 4 sets 20, 10, 10, 10
- Straight-leg deadlifts: 3 sets: 10, 10, 10
- Leg Extensions, 4 sets, 20, 12, 12, 12
I know they don't really recommend doing so may sets but when I stick to a 12 set range I don't feel that it is enough for me.
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
I don't have a set nutrition plan for the off season, but I usually consume about 200 grams of carbs and try to reach 200 grams of protein. I have a hard time putting on mass so try to consume as many calories as possible.
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
No-Xplode. I get an amazing pump with this. It is the number one selling product for a reason.
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
Well, I was always into the fitness and staying in shape type of deal, but I'd have to say it is the intensity and drive of the workouts that drew my attention. Also the discipline and the art behind the sport. It wasn't until I started competing that I found out what levels of discipline it took to just prepare for a show, mentally and physically.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
I love bodybuilding and will probably continue competing until my master years. I also plan to compete at the national level later on in my career. As far as turning Pro I can't say quite yet. Let's see how I do at nationals first.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
Bodybuilding and muscle development takes time and there's no reason to rush things. Everybody grows at different rates. Oh yeah, height is a genetics thing. Don't let anything hold you back!