- Name: Dakota Medina
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Age: 19
- Where: Brandon MS
- Height: 5'9"
- Weight: 150 lbs
- Years Bodybuilding :1
- Favorite Bodypart: Biceps and Triceps
- Favorite Exercise: Barbell Biceps Curl
- Favorite Supplements: 1.M.R, Kre-Alkalyn
How Did You Get Started?
I got into bodybuilding because I was always the smaller guy in school. I had always been physically fit due to sports but was never able to put on weight and true muscle. After graduation I got a gym membership and put in the hard work, dedication, and 110% every time I went for a workout.
I started to see and feel the results and from there on out it became addicting. It became a passion and I love every minute I spend in the gym. It felt amazing to see what I use to be and what I am now, the sky is the limit and that's where I continue to aim.
What Workout Plan Worked Best For You?
5 days on, 2 days off. I'm currently on a pyramid scheme workout to increase muscle mass and strength. So far it's been working out great.
- Squats: 5 sets of 8-12 reps
- Leg Press: 4-5 sets of 8-15 reps
- Leg Extensions: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Leg Press: 3 sets of 8-15 reps
- Leg Curls: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Bench Press: 5 sets of 8-12 reps
- Incline Bench Press: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Press: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Cable Flyes: 3 sets of 8-15 reps
- Dips: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Reverse Pushdowns: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Dumbbell Rows or Barbell Rows: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Seated Row: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Close Grip Attachment Pulldowns: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Wide Grip Pulldowns: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Preacher Curl: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Barbell Curl: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Hammer Curl: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Dumbbell Or Barbell Military Press: 5 sets of 8-12 reps
- Lateral Raises: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Front Raises: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Lateral Raises: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Shrugs: 5 heavy sets 12-20 reps
- Single Arm Shrug: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Barbell Curls: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Dips: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Seated Curl: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Skull Crushers: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- Preacher Curls: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
- One Arm Reverse Pushdown: 4 sets of 8-12 reps
What Nutrition Plan Has Worked Best For You?
Here is a sample for my nutrition plan:
- 1 scoop whey protein
- 1 serving baked or roasted chicken breast
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 large portion steamed asparagus
- 1 small 100% whole grain roll
What Supplements Have Given You The Greatest Gains?
- BPI Sports 1.M.R: 1 scoop
- All American EFX Kre-Alkalyn EFX: 2 caps
- Whey Protein: 1 scoop
Why do you love Bodybuilding?
Bodybuilding has given me more confidence, its something I enjoy doing that never gets old, and it keeps me in shape. I love pushing myself to the limit each time I'm in the gym. There is no better feeling than setting goals reaching them and continuing to make higher and higher goals. The gym is therapeutic for me, it's just a way I can tune out the world and just do my thing. I love every aspect of bodybuilding.
What Motivates You To Follow A Healthy Lifestyle?
My lifestyle is not one that I have to make a conscious effort to follow. That's because it is transcendent of passion and dedication. It's my life. I live to look in the mirror and be proud of my work both in the gym and out. Motivation seems too inadequate to describe why I do what I do because it's who I am and couldn't imagine living any other way.
What Made You Want To Achieve Your Goals?
I'll admit that at first it was because of superficial reasons. But when the results started to show, I realized how much it really meant to reach your full potential physically. I fell in love and adopted my current lifestyle in order to sustain the results that I became so proud of.
What Are Your Future Bodybuilding Plans?
My future plans are to be in amateur bodybuilding show during my off time from work and perhaps go professional if I have both the time and resources to pursue it.
What One Tip Would You Give Other Bodybuilders?
My biggest tip would be to not be deterred by lack of results. While genetics do have a role, it is more minimal than people realize and thus all you have to do is put in the work (in the right ways) to achieve your personal goals.
Who Are Your Favorite Bodybuilders?
What Features Do You Use On Bodybuilding.com?