Proudly supports first responders & nurses with Bodybuilding.com and ID.me. Verify Here
- Rapidly fuels performance with no stomach discomfort*
- Replenishes glycogen stores for accelerated recovery*
- Supports peak athletic performance*
Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin
NUTRABIO SUPER CARB: A SUPERIOR CARBOHYDRATE FOR SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE*
NutraBio SuperCarb: A Superior Carbohydrate for Superior Performance NutraBio SuperCarb is an innovative product designed to fuel performance through the use of the patented carbohydrate Cluster Dextrin®. Unlike typical carbs such as dextrose or fructose, Cluster Dextrin® is a low glycemic, highly branched cyclic dextrin (HBCD) with a high molecular weight and ultra-low osmolality. These properties of HBCD make it highly soluble, virtually eliminating the gastric distress often associated with less advanced carbohydrates.* Cluster Dextrin® also maintains a slow release, offering the ideal interaction between carbohydrate breakdown and the normal release of free fatty acids. The result is a superior carbohydrate that delivers smooth, constant energy and replenishes muscle glycogen stores without spiking blood sugar levels that are already within a normal and healthy.*
By itself, SuperCarb is an ideal fuel source and a better alternative to sugar-laden sports beverages that can cause bloating, sloshing, sugar crashes, and other stomach-related issues. Furthermore, SuperCarb includes a cleverly crafted electrolyte blend designed using Albion Lab's premier mineral complexes as electrolyte donors. These help ensure efficient muscle contractions while helping to minimize the potential for cramping due to dehydration from training hard.* SuperCarb (available unflavored) can also be added to any pre-, intra-, or post-workout product when sustained energy is needed for long, intense workouts or to help restore depleted muscle glycogen.*
From the information presented above, it is easy to see why the Cluster Dextrin® found in SuperCarb is the most advanced super carb available and is far superior to lower quality carbohydrate sources. No other carbohydrate can rival its effectiveness and ergogenic properties.*
As with all NutraBio products, SuperCarb contains no banned substances, fillers, additives, or mystery dosages hidden in a proprietary blend. What you see is what you get, and NutraBio is 100% legitimate and 110% committed to bringing you the cleanest products ever created. You TRAIN WITHOUT COMPROMISE, and we've put every effort into designing SuperCarb WITHOUT COMPROMISE
Without Compromise Since 1996
Founded in 1996, NutraBio is the original No Proprietary Blend, No B.S. honest brand. 15 years ago we revolutionized the supplement industry by introducing 4 quality commitments:
- NO proprietary blends and full label disclosure
- NO fillers, excipients, or additives (except flavor)
- Full efficacious dosages of every active ingredient
- Manufacturing our own products to control every aspect of quality.
Two decades ago we set the goal of providing our customers with the most effective, clean and honest supplements available. Since that very first day, we have led the charge in supplement innovation with science-backed therapeutic doses and full label disclosure.
We manufacture our products in our own FDA registered and audited facility. We are GMP certified and manufacture to exceed 21 CFR Part 111 cGMP regulations. We don't compromise on quality so you don't have to compromise on results.
WHY IS SUPER CARB SUPERIOR TO
OTHER CARB PRODUCTS?
100% PURE CYCLIC DEXTRIN
CAN IMPROVE PERFORMANCE*
BENEFITS ATHLETES OF ANY AGE
CAN IMPROVE ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE*
100% LABEL TRANSPARENCY GUARANTEED
WHERE CLINICAL RESEARCH ECLIPSES THE HYPE.
Compared to other carbohydrate sources, Cluster Dextrin® is research proven to enhance endurance performance, and lower markers for exercise-induced hormones after exhaustive exercise.* No other carbohydrate source can demonstrate clinical data like this.
- ► In a 2013 human clinical trial of Cluster Dextrin®, 24 adult male athletes showed that during cycling exercise, the group administered 15 grams of Cluster Dextrin performed better than those who took the same amount of a maltodextrin.*
- ► An additional research study conducted in 2015 found that swimmers who supplemented with HBCD before doing intervals at 75–90% VO2 max were able to improve time to exhaustion by 70% compared to when they supplemented with either water or glucose.*
- ► Lastly, a 2014 study conducted by Suzuki et al. found that triathletes who consumed HBCD before a race had a reduced stress hormone response and lower urinary cytokine levels com pared to when they supplemented with glucose. This suggests that HBCD lowers the normal inflammatory response of exercise, which in turn increases performance and decreases time spent recovering.*
Even better, in clinical research, highly branched cyclic dextrin has been shown to lower markers for stress hormones after exhaustive exercise when compared to other carbohydrates.* When you combine this with the fact that it's sustained release and doesn't increase inflammatory markers like some other carbohydrates on the market, it then becomes a truly remarkable performance aid.* Can any carbohydrate source demonstrate clinical data like this? Not until now.
Carbohydrate Recommendations for Strength and Endurance Athletes
Due to the unique energy demands of strength and endurance-based sports, athletes who participate in these activities have different carbohydrate requirements for fueling optimal performance. Aerobic endurance athletes and those who train for 60 minutes or more a day (think runners, cyclists, MMA fighters) should strive to consume 8–10 grams of carbohydrate per kilogram of body weight daily to replenish glycogen levels.* On the other hand, athletes who do not train aerobically for more than an hour each day (weight training, sprinting, football) should strive for 5–6 grams of carbohydrate per kilogram body weight daily.
When and how many carbohydrates should I consume before, during, and after exercise?
The following table outlines general recommendations for carbohydrate consumption before, during, and after exercise. However, athletes may need to experiment with different protocols (timing, types, and amounts) to produce individual optimal performance.
General Carbohydrate Intake
- ► Eat 55–65% of total daily energy as carbohydrates with a variety of natural carbohydrate food sources, including fruits and vegetables and their juices, as well as whole grain products and low-fat dairy.
- ► A general recommendation for athletes is 6–10 grams of carbohydrate per kilogram of body weight, depending on gender, type of sport, and training intensity and volume.
Carbohydrate 3–4 Hours Before Exercise
- ► For an adult, 200–300 grams of carbohydrate 3–4 hours before endurance exercise maximizes glycogen stores at the onset of exercise and thus enhances performance. Body size, particularly glycogen storage potential, accounts for this broad range.
Carbohydrate 30–60 Minutes Before Exercise
- ► Ingest 50–75 grams of carbohydrate 30–60 minutes before exercise. Two scoops of NutraBio SuperCarb would cover this amount.
Carbohydrate Immediately Before Exercise
- ► If carbohydrate is to be consumed immediately before exercise <5 minutes), 50 grams (less for women) can enhance performance without overloading the stomach at the onset of exercise. Two scoops of NutraBio SuperCarb would cover this amount.
Carbohydrate During Exercise
- ► An endurance athlete should strive to ingest 30–60 grams (1 to 2 scoops of SuperCarb) of carbohydrate per hour of endurance performance to maintain normal blood glucose levels. Strength-trained individuals may also benefit from this amount if exercise goes beyond 60 minutes and is high intensity.
Carbohydrate After Exercise
- ► Ingest carbohydrate as soon as possible after completing a glycogen-depleting exercise session. SuperCarb makes an easy and convenient choice.
- ► Ingest 1–1.5 grams of carbohydrate per kilogram of body weight during the first 30 minutes after endurance exercise and every 2 hours for at least 4–6 hours after that.
- ► Ingesting carbohydrate late in an endurance bout may be beneficial if recovery time before subsequent exercise is limited <one day).
*Table Courtesy of Sports Nutrition & Performance Enhancing Supplements Textbook (Smith-Ryan & Antonio, 2013)
Carbohydrates Are Not Bad For You
Carbohydrates have been cast in a negative light the past few years with so-called experts stating they cause weight gain, excess body fat, adverse blood lipid profiles, and a host of other problems that can wreak havoc on your health—all of which are simply not true. However, what these experts fail to tell you is that carbohydrates are the preferred source of fuel during high-intensity, anaerobic exercise such as sprinting or weight lifting. Consuming adequate carbohydrates, which are broken down into glucose in the bloodstream or stored in muscle tissue as glycogen, ensures you have the stamina to power through workouts without hitting a wall. In fact, various professional fitness organizations recommend 50–60% of total daily calories should come from carbohydrates to produce optimal performance in athletes.
On the other hand, low carbohydrate consumption can cause the body to use protein as energy, which in turn affects the ability of muscles to repair and recover. Simply put, carbohydrates are king when it comes to exercise performance. It should be noted, though, that not all carbohydrates are created equal. This is why NutraBio formulated SuperCarb using the patented advanced carbohydrate Cluster Dextrin®.
The Bottom Line on Carbohydrates and Why SuperCarb Should Be Included in Any Performance-Enhancing Stack
It is hard to argue that carbohydrates are not the most valuable macronutrient that fuels performance. While most research on the benefits of adequate carbohydrate consumption has been performed in endurance sports, there is an emerging body of evidence that carbohydrates play a vital role in sports such as weightlifting, football, and soccer. Without a doubt, carbohydrate is the most important energy-yielding nutrient for optimizing performance in most sports with a greater work output. Furthermore, lack of dietary carbohydrate has been linked to performance limitations in these sports. According to Smith-Ryan and Antonio (2013), "Strategic carbohydrate consumption before, during, and after exercise training should be a foremost concern for athletes to maximize muscle glycogen levels before the onset of exercise, as well to provide energy to muscle during exercise and hasten recovery of glycogen after exercise is complete."*
NutraBio SuperCarb can help athletes from all sports meet their individual daily carbohydrate requirements, provide energy before and during workouts, and replenish muscle glycogen stores post-workout.*
Ratings & Reviews
What's in NutraBio Super Carb
Directions For Super Carb:
Based on your performance needs, mix 1 to 2 scoops of SuperCarb into 12-16 oz. of water. Shake well for 30-45 seconds. Consume before, during, or after intense exercise as needed for added energy. Increase your dosage if engaging in prolonged exertion for 2 hours or more.
Use the following directions when mixing into larger containers such as a gallon jug or 5 gallon cooler:
1 Gallon: Mix 10 scoops of Super Carb into 1 gallon of water. Shake well for 30-45 seconds.
5 Gallon: Mix up to 50 scoops of Super Carb into 5 gallons of water. Stir thoroughly for 45-60 seconds.
Warnings: This product is intended as a dietary supplement only. Do not use as a sole source of nutrition.