- Builds explosiveness, power & strength*
- Enhances endurance & increases reps*
- Accelerates performance & recovery*
- Support mental focus & acuity*
- No proprietary blends, fillers or additives
GAME OVER. NUTRABIO DOMINATES THE PRE-WORKOUT LANDSCAPE
NutraBio PRE was formulated with a single goal in mind: to create the absolutely most effective, thorough, and purest pre-workout in existence…period. We can say without a doubt that this goal has been accomplished, making PRE one of the most powerful pre-workouts on the market today.
PRE is built upon clinically dosed and scientifically backed ingredients that have been suggested to maximize workout performance and produce results. Athletes of all levels realize that in order to achieve the most effective training session, energy, strength, endurance, and focus are musts. A complete pre-workout supple- ment should support all of these benefits. the
The synergistic combination of ingredients found in PRE will help prepare your body physiologically and psychologically by amplifying energy, enhancing the mind-muscle connection, and supporting increases in muscular strength, power, and endurance.* From top to bottom, PRE will help keep you training, stronger and longer.
Founded in 1996, NutraBio is the original No Proprietary Blend, No B.S. honest brand. 15 years ago we revolutionized the supplement industry by introducing 4 quality commitments:
1. NO proprietary blends and full label disclosure
2. NO fillers, excipients, or additives (except flavor)
3. Full therapeutic dosages of every active ingredient
4. Manufacturing our own products to control every aspect of quality.
Two decades ago we set the goal of providing our customers with the most effective, clean and honest supplements available. Since that very first day, we have led the charge in supplement innovation with science-backed therapeutic doses and full label disclosure.
We manufacture our products in our FDA registered and audited facility. We are GMP certified and manufacture to exceed 21 CFP Part 111 cGMP regulations. We don't compromise on quality so you don't have to compromise on results.
Loaded with 24G of 18 active ingredients
- Clinical doses of 18 research-backed ingredients.
- Caffeine Anhydrous and Infinergy Di-Caffeine Malate (350 mg) - Boost energy, enhance focus, and provide greater training intensity — all without a caffeine crash..
- CarnoSyn Beta-Alanine (2500 mg) - Increase endurance and help counteract fatigue caused by the accumulation of hydrogen ions.*
- PharmaPure Creatine Monohydrate (2000 mg) - Greater strength, power, and muscle growth and 1000 mg of creatine HCL for increased solubility and absorption.*
- L-Leucine (3500 mg) - Help prevent muscle catabolism and lessen recovery time between sessions.*
- Theapure L-Theanine (300 mg) - When combined with caffeine, it promotes cognition and attention.*
- Huperzine (100 mcg) - Promote a strong mind-muscle connection and supercharge mental focus.*
- Betaine Anhydrous (2500 mg) - Support creatine production, increase power and strength output, and protect cells from dehydration.
- Agmatine Sulfate (1000 mg) and Nitrosigine (750 mg) - Stimulate nitric oxide pathways, leading to greater vasodilation and bigger muscle pumps.*
- Electrolyte and Hydration Optimizer (2214 mg) - Help maintain water balance in the muscle, facilitates motor neuron function, and supports exercise capacity.*
- Bioperine Black Pepper Extract (5 mg) - Enhance absorption of the active ingredients in PRE.
ALWAYS THE INNOVATORS, NEVER THE IMITATORS.
Since day one, 20 years ago, NutraBio has never been happy just maintaining the status quo when it comes to pre-workouts. Although the industry makes it seem like non-proprietary blends, proper dosing, and scientifically backed ingredients are something new, the fact is that NutraBio pioneered this trend over 15 years ago. We focused on creating the best, and we've done just that with our latest version of PRE. PRE has everything you need in one comprehensive, open-label, clinically dosed formula and nothing you don't. We pride ourselves on purity. What you see on the label is exactly what you get. PRE contains no fillers, excipients, proprietary blends, or other potentially unhealthy or unneeded additives.
At the end of the day, NutraBio isn't just about marketing hype and trying to maximize our profit. It's all about giving athletes what they want to meet their performance needs by giving them access to clean supplements that are innovative and effective. Like you, we want to train hard and see the results of our efforts. Compare NutraBio PRE to any other pre-workout on the market, and ask yourself which formula was created WITHOUT COMPROMISE. We think that you'll find that even the most "self-proclaimed" strongest formulated pre-workouts pale in comparison to PRE.
The Science Behind NutraBio PRE
A closer look at the 18 ingredients and doses used to make NutraBio PRE the premier pre-workout on the market.
L-CITRULLINE DL-MALATE (2:1 REACTED) (6g)
- L-citrulline is a non-essential amino acid that is converted into L-arginine in the kidneys after supplementation. This stimulates nitric oxide pathways and the vasodilation of blood vessels. This results in more oxygen- and nutrient-rich blood being delivered to the working muscles.
- Supplementation with 6 g/day of citrulline malate has been shown to increase ATP (the body's main energy source) synthesis, delay muscle fatigue, and increase aerobic/anaerobic performance.
- A recent research study found that individuals who consumed 6 g/day of citrulline malate for 15 days were able to increase ATP production during exercise by 34% and improve phospho-creatine resynthesis after exercise by 20%.*
- NutraBio's citrulline malate is fully reacted and in the proper 2:1 ratio validated by research.
BETA-ALANINE (AS CARNOSYN) (2.5g)
- Beta-alanine (BA) is a version of the amino acid alanine, which serves as the precursor to carnosine (β-alanyl-L-histidine) in skeletal muscle. Supplementing with BA is a highly effective means of increasing muscle carnosine content. Increased muscle carnosine helps buffer the negative side effects of hydrogen ion accumulation in muscles as exercise intensity increases.*
- Beta-alanine supplementation has been linked to supporting exercise performance and delayed fatigue at higher intensities in both trained and untrained individuals in events lasting one to four minutes.*
- Increases in lean muscle mass and muscular endurance have also been noted with supplementation.
- A recent meta-analysis confirmed the ergogenic effect of beta-alanine, showing a 2.85% increase in exercise performance compared to a placebo when dosed at ~2 grams daily.
- Leucine is one of the essential branched chain amino acids (BCAA). By itself it can stimulate muscle protein synthesis; the process responsible for muscle growth and recovery. This is why it is often referred to as the “main” amino acid.
- Supplementation with at least 2/grams daily leucine has been suggested decrease muscle soreness, lessen recovery time between workouts, and increase lean muscle mass.*
- Howatson et al. (2012) discovered that leucine (combined with isoleucine and valine) administered before muscle damaging resistance exercises reduced indices of muscle damage and accelerated recovery in resistance trained males.*
- NutraBio's leucine is derived from fermented vegetable sources as opposed to animal- based sources.
BETAINE ANHYDROUS (2.5g)
- Betaine, scientifically referred to as trimethylglycine, is a metabolite of choline. Betaine's two main functions in the body are as a methyl donor and an osmolyte. As an osmolyte, betaine protects proteins, cells, and enzymes from heat, dehydration, and other physiological stresses. As a methyl donor, betaine is used to convert homocysteine to L-methionine and is, therefore, a precursor to creatine.
- Doses of 2500-6000 mg of betaine daily may increase muscular strength, endurance, and total training volume.*
- Betaine also plays a role in hepatic fat metabolism, promoting muscle protein synthesis, and has been suggested to increase nitric oxide levels.
- A study conducted by the University of Connecticut found that individuals supplementing with 1.25 grams of betaine twice/day increased bench press power by 20%.
PHARMAPURE CREATINE MONOHYDRATE (2g) & CREATINE HCL (1g)
- Creatine is an amino acid (broken-down protein) derived compound produced in the body that serves as the primary fuel source (ATP) for short-duration, high-intensity activities such as sprinting and weightlifting. Creatine is stored primarily in muscle tissue, and it is used for rephosphorylating ADP into ATP. This means that when our muscles use up our energy stores, creatine helps to replenish those stores in a fairly rapid manner. Approximately 2 grams of creatine are found in individuals who do not supplement and maintain a diet that includes animal-based proteins. Those who do supplement can increase their body's internal creatine pool by 10 to 40% depending on diet and total lean muscle mass.
- As a whole, creatine is arguably the most extensively researched and effective supplement available today. Over 500 studies exist about the ergogenic benefits of creatine supplementation, with over 70% of these studies showing significant improvements in performance without any detrimental side effects.*
- Creatine has been suggested to increase lean muscle mass, maximal strength, power, and muscular endurance.
- Emerging research suggests that creatine may provide cognitive and overall brain health benefits.*
- Creatine HCL is more soluble than creatine monohydrate and in theory should absorb better, requiring a lower dose to achieve the same ergogenic benefits as creatine monohydrate.
- The ISSN (International Society of Sports Nutrition) position on creatine monohydrate (CM) found that short-term CM supplementation has been reported to support maximal power/strength (5–15%), work performed during sets of maximal effort muscle contractions (5–15%), single-effort sprint performance (1–5%), and work performed during repetitive sprint performance (5–15%). Long-term CM supplementation appears to enhance the overall quality of training, supporting 5 to 15% greater gains in strength and performance.*
- Taurine is one of the most important, useful, and safest amino acids. Early clinical research suggests that taurine, in combination with caffeine, may support mental performance.* When the body engages in extreme physical activity, it no will no longer be able to produce the necessary amounts of taurine; therefore, supplementation becomes necessary.
- Taurine is involved in the regulation of core body temperature and may help prevent heat stress and stroke.
- Taurine also acts is an osmolyte, assisting the body in maintaining proper water balance. Zhang et al. (2004) found that individuals who supplemented with taurine for one week before an exhaustive exercise bout significantly improved time to exhaustion, VO2 max, and maximal workload. Supplementation may also provide antioxidant support.*
CALCIUM POTASSIUM PHOSPHATE CITRATE (AS CALCI-K) (525 mg) & SODIUM PHOSPHATE (189mg)
- Calcium, potassium, and phosphorus are vital electrolytes needed to maintain body water balance and facilitate motor neuron function.
- The combination of these electrolytes in CALCI-K is highly soluble and readily absorbed by the body.
- Electrolytes have been shown to prevent muscle cramps and are essential to normal muscular contractions.
- As we exercise, electrolytes are lost through sweat and must be replaced in order to prevent decreases in performance.*
- Sims et al. (2007) discovered that pre-exercise ingestion of a high-sodium beverage increased plasma volume before exercise and involved less thermoregulation and perceived strain during exercise and increased exercise capacity in warm conditions.
N-ACETYL-L-TYROSINE (1200 mg)
- Tyrosine is an essential amino acid whose primary role in the body is as the direct precursor to thyroxine and to the hormones dopamine, epinephrine, and norepinephrine.
- Tyrosine may support both endurance and anaerobic performance via metabolic and/or neurotransmitter upregulation.
- Tyrosine also supports mental acuity, focus, and mood by increasing levels of catecholamines found in the bloodstream.*
- A study done at the Naval Aerospace Medical Research Laboratory reported that a dose of L-tyrosine, when provided to sleep-deprived subjects, ameliorated psychomotor performance declines associated with mental fatigue.*
CAFFEINE (250 mg) and INFINERGY (100 mg DI-CAFFEINE MALATE) (350 mg total caffeine)
- Caffeine, like creatine, is one of the most studied and proven ergogenic (performance- enhancing) aids. Although caffeine can affect a wide variety of motor and mental functions, it is most commonly used to support endurance exercise, focus, and improve energy levels.*
- Caffeine has also been suggested to have a thermogenic effect (heating/calorie burning) at rest and may increase the use of fats for fuel during exercise.
- Dicaffeine Malate, as the name implies, is the combination of caffeine and malic acid. Adding malic acid to caffeine is thought to calm the digestive effects of caffeine and thought to replenish the energy produced by caffeine (either through increased fat oxidation or ATP production). Malic acid may also weaken the feeling of a caffeine crash and slow tolerance development to caffeine.*
- According to the research, higher doses of caffeine, in the 250-450 mg range, are needed to provide an ergogenic benefit.
- The ISSN position on caffeine concluded that:
• Caffeine can act to enhance alertness and vigilance during times of exhaustive exercise that requires sustained focus.
• Caffeine is an effective ergogenic aid for sustained maximal endurance activity and has also been shown to be very effective for enhancing time trial performance.
• Caffeine can enhance, not inhibit, glycogen resynthesis during the recovery phase of exercise.
• Caffeine is beneficial for high-intensity exercise of prolonged duration.
THEAPURE (L-THEANINE) (300 mg)
- L-theanine is an amino acid that, when consumed, produces GABA and glutamate, two neurotransmitters that act on the brain to reduce the perception of stress.
- Research suggests that L-theanine's biggest supplemental role may be in taking the "edge" off of other stimulants.
- A combination of L-theanine with caffeine is noted to be synergistic in promoting cognition and attention.
- Giesbrecht et al. found that the combination of L-theanine and caffeine significantly improved accuracy during task switching, self-reported alertness, and reduced self-reported tiredness.
HUPERZINE A (100 mcg)
- Huperizine A is a selective inhibitor of the neurotransmitter acetylcholinesterase (AChE), which means that it prevents the breakdown of and increases the amount of acetylcholine, an import ant neurotransmitter in the central nervous system involved in cognition and muscular contractions.
- Multiple studies have shown that supplementation with Huperzine A can enhance focus, memory, and mood.*
- A study conducted by Sun et al. (1999) reported that subjects who supplemented with Huperzine A for four weeks supported learning performance and memory compared to a placebo group.
AGMATINE SULFATE (1000 mg)
- Agmatine sulfate is a byproduct of arginine through decarboxylation. It produces other by products that are involved in cell growth and structural and metabolic support to the nervous system.*
- Decarboxylated arginine cannot be broken down in the liver and consequently increases blood flow to working muscles through vasodilation.
- PRE uses a vegan source of agmatine that is derived from fermented plants.
INOSITOL ARGININE SILICATE (AS NITROSIGINE) (750 mg)
- Nitrosigine is a bonded complex of arginine and silicon that helps enhance nitric oxide levels to a greater degree compared to arginine alone.*
- Increased nitric oxide levels promote the relaxation of smooth muscle in blood vessels, increasing blood flow to working muscles.
- In pre-clinical studies, nitrosigine was found to be more biologically active than arginine chloride. The research also suggests enhanced blood flow during and after exercise, which may help with muscle growth and recovery.*
PIPER NIGRUM EXTRACT (AS BIOPERINE) (5 mg)
- BioPerine is a patented extract of the fruit of black pepper that contains standardized amounts of the active ingredient piperine.
- Numerous clinical studies suggest that when a 5-mg dose of BioPerine is taken with other supplements, it increases the absorption of those supplements by 30 to 2,000%. In sum, BioPerine significantly enhances the bioavailability of various supplement nutrients through increased absorption.*
- At NutraBio, we like to call this "bioavailability insurance" for our highly technical formulations that rely on extremely pure and refined ingredients.
Ratings & Reviews
What's in NutraBio PRE
Directions For PRE: As a dietary supplement, mix 1 heaping scoop of PRE into 12-14 ounces of water and consume 20-30 minutes prior to resistance training. Vary the amount of water to achieve your desired flavor level. PRE is extremely powerful, first time users should begin use with 1/2 scoop or less to assess your tolerance. DO NOT EXCEED 1 SCOOP IN ANY 24 HOUR PERIOD OR USE MORE THAN 5 DAYS IN ANY 7 DAY PERIOD.
Warnings: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. This product is only intended to be consumed by healthy adults 18 years of age or older. Do not use if you are pregnant, breast feeding, sensitive to caffeine, have known medical conditions (including but not limited to kidney, heart or liver disease) or are taking prescription or OTC medication(s). Consult with your health care practitioner before using this product. Do not use under extreme conditions of heat, CARDIOVASCULAR EXERTION or dehydration. CONTAINS CAFFEINE. Do not use with caffeine or stimulant-containing medications, foods or beverages because too much caffeine may cause nervousness, irritability, sleeplessness and occasionally rapid heartbeat. Discontinue use and consult with your health care professional if you experience any adverse reaction to this product. Do not exceed recommended serving.