Prenatal Gels + DHA , 90 Softgels
MULTIPLE VITAMIN & MINERAL
- Complete Prenatal Nutrition For Mother & Child
- 250 mg DHA Per Serving
- DHA Supports Healthy Eye & Brain Development*
- 800 mcg Folic Acid Per Serving
- With Borage Oil (GLA)
- Lemon Oil Added - No Fish Oil Scent
Balanced nutrition is an absolute must for both the mother and her developing child. For the mother, good nutrition is important to maintain healthy energy levels and support optimal function of body systems, such as the immune and digestive systems. For the unborn child, it’s vitally important for proper development.
Even a balanced diet comprised of lean proteins, fresh produce, unsaturated fats, and whole grains can fall short of providing ideal nutrition. That’s why most caregivers today recommend a prenatal multivitamin for expectant mothers. There are specific nutrients, and specific levels of these nutrients, that a mother should get daily to give her and her baby the best chance for a healthy and happy pregnancy. Our new Prenatal Gels + DHA are specifically formulated to provide these and other essential nutrients at the levels recommended by healthcare providers.
NOW® Prenatal Gels + DHA is a comprehensive multiple vitamin and mineral supplement that also provides 250 mg of DHA per 3 gel serving. This important essential fatty acid (DHA) has been suggested in clinical studies to be absolutely essential for supporting healthy eye and brain development in developing fetuses.* Prenatal Gels + DHA provide 650 mg of natural fish oil concentrate that includes 250 mg DHA and 90 mg EPA per 3 gel serving. This complete multi also provides other important nutrients, including:
- 800 mcg of Folate (as Folic Acid)
- 27 mg of gentle, non-constipating Iron (from Ferrous Bisglycinate) to provide sufficient iron to the mother, and to support muscle development in the child*
- 400 mg Calcium (from Aquamin® Red Algae Sea Minerals, Calcium Citrate, and Calcium Ascorbate) to ensure both mother and child are getting adequate levels of this important mineral.*
- 125 mg of Borage Oil (Seed), a natural source of Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA)
Prenatal Gels + DHA is a convenient formula that eliminates the need for expectant mothers to take separate multivitamin and DHA supplements. That’s one less thing for Mom to worry about, and one more reason to add Prenatal Gels + DHA to your daily nutrition.
For Complete Prenatal Nutrition
There’s no greater joy than that of an expectant mother. Help keep her joy going strong with New Prenatal Gels + DHA from NOW. This complete prenatal multivitamin supports optimal health and well-being for both mother and child with a combination of essential nutrients including DHA.* Prenatal Gels + DHA eliminates the need for separate multivitamin and DHA supplements - one less thing for Mom to worry about. Each 3 Gel serving contains 250 mg DHA.
HOW IT WORKS
- Optimal nutrition is integral to a healthy pregnancy. Nutritional needs for vitamins and minerals increase during this time. NOW® Prenatal Gels + DHA others a balanced blend of vitamins, minerals, and DHA specifically formulated for women during pregnancy and/or lactation.*
- Developing fetuses depend on their mother’s DHA stores for brain support and maturation.* The third trimester is a particularly important period as the fetus’ neurodevelopment is accelerated. During this period, DHA is used up rapidly by the unborn baby, and the pregnant woman’s stores may become depleted.* Current research suggests an optimal average daily intake of at least 200 mg of DHA may support normal toddler development.1*
- Colombo J, Kannass KN, Jill Shaddy D, et. al. Maternal DHA and the Development of Attention in Infancy and Toddlerhood. Child Development. 2004; 75 (4): 1254-1267.
Ratings & Reviews
What's in NOW Prenatal Gels + DHA
Directions For Prenatal Gels + DHA: As a dietary supplement for pregnant or lactating women, take 3 softgels daily with food.
Warnings: Accidental overdose of iron-containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children under 6. Keep this product out of reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, call a doctor or Poison Control Center immediately.