RAW Organic Protein
Why is Garden of Life plant-based protein good for you?
Garden of Life raw organic protein is a great alternative to soy or dairy protein sources, with a complete profile of essential amino acids for optimum protein synthesis. We like plant-based raw proteins because they tend to be easier to digest than other protein powders. From powerlifters to CrossFit athletes, raw protein is gaining steam. Our favorite way to supplement with Garden of Life raw protein is mixed in a blender with frozen fruit or almond milk.
In addition to providing 22 grams of organic sprouted raw protein—44 percent of your recommended daily value—Garden of Life protein powder has enzymes, vitamins, and live probiotics that help with digestion and absorption. Garden of Life raw protein is gluten-free, dairy-free, and has no fillers or artificial ingredients.
Benefits of Garden of Life raw protein:
- Complete amino acid profile increases protein synthesis to repair and build muscle
- Easily digestible alternative to soy and milk proteins for those with sensitivities
- Raw protein is certified vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, and sugar-free
- Includes vitamins, enzymes, and active probiotics in ideal forms for absorption
- Appropriate for low-carbohydrate diets
- Versatile: Take raw protein before the gym, for post-workout recovery, or add it to a meal to increase protein content
- No fillers, preservatives, artificial flavors, or synthetic sweeteners
- Certified USDA organic and non-GMO
Why raw, sprouted protein?
Each serving of Garden of Life protein contains 22 grams of protein from a blend of 13 sprouted protein sources. The heating processes many other protein powders go through can damage the proteins, making them harder for your body to absorb. Raw protein is made with low heat to preserve the integrity of the plant proteins.
The organic proteins in Garden of Life protein are not just raw, but sprouted. Sprouted proteins are better because they are higher in nutrients and easier to digest.
Garden of Life contains raw proteins from organic USA-grown peas, organic brown rice, organic amaranth, and 10 other organic proteins. By combining 13 different sprouted grains, seeds, and legumes with different amino acid profiles, this raw protein can provide all of the essential amino acids.
What all of this means is raw protein gives you more protein and nutrients than other products, and more of what you ingest actually goes toward building and protecting your muscle mass.
Does Garden of Life raw protein build muscle?
Since Garden of Life protein powder is a complete protein, it contains all the amino acids needed to support protein synthesis. The process of protein synthesis both protects your existing muscle fibers from breaking down after a workout and builds new muscle tissue. You don't need whey protein to build muscle.
Why does Garden of Life protein contain probiotics and enzymes?
Raw protein contains protein-digesting enzymes and 3 billion CFU of live, active probiotic bacteria to support your digestive system. Like sprouting, this is important because it helps the protein be absorbed and utilized by your body instead of being excreted and wasted.
Why are fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K important in a protein powder?
The fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K are crucial to your health. Many people, especially those with restrictive diets, are deficient in some or all of these vitamins.
- Vitamin A is found in animal products, so many vegans are lacking in this nutrient.
- Vitamin D deficiency is common, especially in those who don't eat fish, one of the main dietary sources.
- Vitamin E is an antioxidant commonly found in wheat germ, so if you're gluten-free you'll benefit from supplementation.
- Vitamin K is important for heart and bone health. It's common in animal foods and fermented soy products, so if you're vegan and not a big tempeh fan, you might be missing out.
By including these vitamins, raw protein helps benefit your health beyond the gym.
What does Garden of Life protein powder taste like?
In addition to its muscle-building power, Garden of Life raw protein tastes great. Flavors include vanilla, vanilla spiced chai, and unflavored, which is great for blending and baking. User reviews say, "A great natural flavor." "The taste is AMAZING when it's mixed with vanilla almond milk." "I really enjoy the variety of flavors."
The Garden of Life protein reviews tell the full story. Check out the reviews and try raw protein for yourself.
Ratings & Reviews
What's in Garden Of Life RAW Organic Protein
Directions For RAW Organic Protein: Adults mix 1 level scoop (scoop included) in 8 ounces of water or juice one (or more) times per day. Not intended for children.
Warnings: As with any dietary supplement, consult your healthcare practitioner before using this product, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, anticipate surgery, take medication on a regular basis or are otherwise under medical supervision. Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.