FAST ABSORPTION/FAST ACTING*
EAA & BCAA
CAFFEINE-FREE ERGOGENIC FORMULA
DELICIOUS TANGY FLAVOR
NATURAL ANABOLIC ENVIRONMENT*
PROMOTE OPTIMAL ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE, ENDURANCE, FOCUS, STAMINA, AND MUSCLE RECOVERY*
STIMULATE METABOLISM TO REDUCE BODY FAT*
SUPPORT STRENGTH, POWER, AND ENERGY*
INCREASE OR MAINTAIN MUSCLE MASS WHETHER CUTTING OR BULKING
Discover the "Holy Grail" of bodybuilding and athletic performance enhancement: maximizing lean gains and fat loss while supporting recovery and increasing strength, endurance, and energy.* Purple Wraath was created to be the most complete EAA/BCAA product on the market; keeping your body in a constant anabolic state and keeping you training hard with its added super endurance complex.*
Sound too good to be true? Keep reading...
We all know that supplements are not a replacement for nutrition and training, but if you are looking for a supplement to enhance every part of your workout and take your gains to the next level... look no further than Purple Wraath by Controlled Labs.*
The Purple Wraath PurplEAA Complex is a very efficient formula based on the science of actual homo sapiens muscle protein and clinical studies on human amino acid assimilation. Essential Amino Acids (EAA's) are the "building blocks" of lean muscle mass, but the EAA's from whey protein can take hours to enter circulation. The solution is the Purple Wraath fast-acting, free-form PurplEAA Complex:
While essential amino acids function cohesively as a group to aid in your training, additionally they each produce a significant benefit when it comes to training:
- Primary anabolic trigger*
- Enhance recovery*
- Optimize hormone levels*
- Glucose production*
- Nitrogen balance*
- Glucose production*
- Nitrogen balance*
- Calcium absorption*
- Nutrient delivery*
- Sexual function*
- Nutrient uptake*
- Immune system*
- Enhance metabolism*
It's important to understand that our EAA Complex includes all of the BCAA's (Branched Chain Amino Acids) that you have used in the past, including a precise ratio of leucine. Research suggests that blood levels of these KEY amino acids are directly related to muscle protein synthesis, so we formulated a comprehensive and efficient matrix to enhance lean mass directly and indirectly, and under various conditions.* Now, that ratio is important, but there are some other very exciting points about this formula. Unlike some of the amino acid supplements on the market, you aren't paying for cheap "filler" ingredients such as dextrose or maltodextrin when you purchase Purple Wraath. Also, we chose not to include the amino acid glutamine since it is not an essential amino acid, and our bodies can synthesize it on its own in sufficient quantities. Because the studies that we based this formula off of do not use tryptophan and since it has the potential for "sedative" like side effects, we designed Purple Wraath to be completely tryptophan-free.
By combining intense exercise or weightlifting with the fast absorbing PurplEAA Complex you can rush nutrients into the active cells of your working muscles, creating an anabolic environment optimal for recovery and lean mass.*
What would an EAA product be without some amazing support ingredients? Good, but not great. To make this formula great we added the PurplEndurance Complex.
You can't create an optimal anabolic environment without intensity so Controlled Labs decided to take things to the extreme with Purple Wraath by including the ultimate caffeine-free Ergogenic Complex:
- Reduces Lactic Acid and Ammonia*
- Boosts energy production*
- Has an oxygen sparing effect*
- Supports mitochondrial function*
- Is a key osmotic/cellular hydration ingredient
- Enhances muscle fullness*
- Acts as an energy enzyme protector*
- Induces the conversion of homocysteine to methionine*
- Elevates glutathione levels*
- Promotes liver health*
- Helps you maintain intracellular electrolytes*
- Enhances metabolism*
- Aids in nutrient absorption*
- Enhances digestion/stomach function*
- Produces a nootropic effect*
- Helps elevate naturally occurring eNOS*
As you can see, we have responded to customer demand and the result: Purple Wraath...our most advanced pre-workout product available!!
- Borsheim, E., Tipton, K., Wolf, S. & Wolfe, R. (2002) Essential amino acids and muscle protein recovery from resistance exercise American Journal of Physiology, 283(4), E648-E657
- Brooks, G. (1987). Amino acid and protein metabolism during exercise and recovery Medicine and Science in sports and Exercise, 19(5), S150-S156
- Rasmussen, B., Tipton, K., Miller, S., Wolf, S. & Wolfe, R. (2000) An oral essential amino acid-carbohydrate supplement enhances protein anabolism after resistance exercise Journal of Applied Physiology, 88, 386-392
- Tipton, K., Rasmussen, B., Miller, S., Wolf, S., Owens-Stovall, S., Petrini, B. & Wolfe, R. (2001) Timing of amino acid-carbohydrate ingestion alters anabolic response of muscle to resistance exercise American Journal of Physiology, Endocrinology, and Metabolism, 281, E197-E206
- Bohe J, Low A, Wolfe RR, Rennie MJ. (2003) Human muscle protein synthesis is modulated by extra cellular, not intramuscular amino acid availability: a dose-response study. J Physiol552(Pt 1):315-24.
- Tipton, K., Borsheim, E., Wolf, S., Sanford, A. & Wolfe, R. (2003) Acute response of net muscle protein balance reflects 24-h balance after exercise and amino acid ingestion American Journal of Physiology, 284(1), E76-E79.
- MacLean, D. A., Graham, T. E. & Saltin, B. (1994) Branched-chain amino acids augment ammonia metabolism while attenuating protein breakdown during exercise. Am. J. Physiol. 267: E1010...E1022
- Adibi, S., Gary, S., Menden, E. (1967) The kinetics of amino acid absorption and alteration of plasma composition of free amino acids after intestinal perfusion of amino acid mixtures American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 20, 24-33
- Nosaka, K. (2003) Muscle soreness and amino acids. Training J. 289:24-28.
- Volpi E, Sheffield-Moore M, Rasmussen BB, and Wolfe RR. (2001) Basal muscle amino acid kinetics and protein synthesis in healthy young and older men JAMA 286: 1206...1212
- Han LK, Gong XJ, Kawano S, Saito M, Kimura Y, Okuda H. Antiobesity actions of Zingiber officinale Roscoe Yakugaku Zasshi. 2005 Feb;125(2):213-7
- Young, H. V., Luo, Y. L., Cheng, H. Y., Hsieh, W. C., Liao, J. C. and Peng, W. H. (2005). Analgesic and... activities of -gingerol. J Ethnopharmacol 96 (1): 207-210.
- Maynard LM, Boissonneault GA, Chow CK, Bruckner GG. High levels of dietary carnosine are associated with increased concentrations of carnosine and histidine in rat soleus muscle J Nutr. 2001 Feb;131(2):287-90
- Takashi Nagasawa, Tatsuji Yonekura, Naoyuki Nishizawa and David D. Kitts In vitro and in vivo inhibition of muscle lipid and protein oxidation by carnosine Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry 225: 29-34, 2001
- Suzuki Y, Ito O, Mukai N, Takahashi H, Takamatsu K. High level of skeletal muscle carnosine contributes to the latter half of exercise performance during 30-s maximal cycle ergometer sprinting Jpn J Physiol. 2002 Apr;52(2):199-205
- Balon TW and Nadler JL. Nitric oxide is present from incubated skeletal muscle preparations J Appl Physiol 77: 2519-2521, 1994
- Balon TW and Nadler JL. Evidence that nitric oxide increases glucose transport in skeletal muscle J Appl Physiol 82: 359-363, 1997
- Wagenmakers, A. (1998). Muscle amino acid metabolism at rest and during exercise: role in human physiology and metabolism Exercise and Sport Sciences Reviews, 26, 287-314
- Tipton, K. & Wolfe, R. (1998) Exercise-induced changes in protein metabolism Acta Physiology Scandinavia, 162(3), 377-387
- Wolfe, R. (2001) Effects of amino acid intake on anabolic processes Canadian Journal of Applied Physiology, S26, S220-S227
- Wolfe, R. (2001) Control of muscle protein breakdown: effects of activity and nutritional states. International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism, S11, S164-S169
- Biolo, G., Tipton, K., Klein, S. & Wolfe, R. (1997)
- An abundant supply of amino acids enhances the metabolic effect of exercise on muscle protein American Journal of Physiology, Endocrinology, and Metabolism, 273, E122-E129
Ratings & Reviews
What's in Controlled Labs Purple Wraath
Directions For Purple Wraath: Initial (first serving): To assess your individual tolerance to the ergogenic matrix, combine ½ scoop of PURPLE WRAATH™ with 5-10 oz. of water and consume it before, during and/or after your workout. Shake well before drinking. If you experience any unusual occurrence, stop and consult your doctor.
For Regular Use: Combine 1 scoop of PURPLE WRAATH™ with 20-40 oz. of water, and consume it during the workout or over an extended period of time (pre-workout, during your workout, and post-workout). Shake well before drinking. For best results, PURPLE WRAATH™ should be used in conjunction with other Controlled Labs products, with at least 1 gallon of water per day, and a high protein/moderate carbohydrate diet.
Warnings: The Beta Alanine in this product may cause a slight tingling in some people. This is a natural characteristic. Before ingesting this product you should consult your doctor if you are not aware of your current health status or if you have any medical condition including, but not limited to diabetes, high or low blood pressure, cardiac arrhythmias, stroke, diseases of the heart, kidneys, liver or thyroid gland; anxiety, history of seizures, depression, any psychiatric ailment, pernicious anemia or other blood disorders, prostate enlargement. This product is intended for adults 18-50 years of age only.
WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, or birth defects or other reproductive harm. Do not take this product if you are pregnant or nursing. Do not consume with less than the recommended amount of water or if you are prone to dehydration or are subjected to extremely hot temperatures. Do not take this product with any any drugs without permission from your prescribing doctor.
Keep out of reach of children and pets.