Brown rice wins big in the great battle for health in the modern world. In a pick-up lunch game, it should never be picked last! But the salad game is a team effort. Peppers, celery, seeds, and oils add flavor to this easy-to-create dish. This salad can be served warm or cold, creating plenty of convenient options to satisfy your taste buds.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1½ cup wild rice, cooked
- 3 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 whole diced red bell pepper
- 1 whole stalk celery, finely diced
- ½ cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp almonds, slivered
- Combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, and mustard together in a small bowl to form dressing.
- Place rice, vegetables, seeds, and nuts together in a bowl; stir until mixed.
- Drizzle with dressing, toss to coat, and then serve immediately.