Take your love of mac and cheese to the next level with this variation that can be incorporated into even the cleanest of meal plans. A dose of Greek yogurt helps bring the calorie count down and protein levels up, while favorite additions like goat cheese, mozzarella, and turkey help give the dish a hearty feel. Yum!
- 4 strip low-sodium turkey bacon
- 4½ oz gluten-free quinoa macaroni
- 1¾ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 oz goat cheese
- ½ cup fat-free mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp garlic, pureed
- 1 tsp chopped chives
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil quinoa pasta and set aside.
- Slice bacon into pieces and cook in a nonstick skillet with garlic paste on medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and add one cup of Greek yogurt along with the goat cheese, chives, and mozzarella.
- Cook until the sauce is an even consistency.
- Let the sauce thicken, then remove from heat.
- Add macaroni and the rest of the Greek yogurt. Mix.