These white chocolate cranberry protein bars are not only mouthwatering, they're also made without any flour or butter. The secret? Butternut squash! I absolutely love baking with it, especially frozen cubed butternut squash. Just microwave, and voila! You've got the perfect sweet ingredient. Fresh-cut butternut squash works, too. Whatever your preference, just be sure to make these (please)!
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- ⅓ tsp powdered Stevia
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tbsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp ginger, minced
- ½ cup liquid egg whites
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Whisk together dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- To cook the butternut squash, cut it in half, scoop out the seeds, and either bake at 350 F for 60-90 minutes, or microwave on high for 8-10 minutes, scooping out flesh once cool. If you buy the frozen squash or the fresh-cut cubes, microwaving is probably your best (and fastest) option.
- Blend together cooked squash, egg whites, coconut oil, and extracts until smooth. Combine wet and dry ingredients until no clumps appear. Stir in white chocolate chips and cranberries.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until batter has set but a toothpick or knife inserted in the center comes out slightly dirty.