Don't waste time in the grocery store aisle deciding between chewy and crunchy granola bars. Bake up some protein-infused bars in your own kitchen!
- ¼ cup(s) vanilla whey protein powder
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp almonds, chopped
- 3 tbsp ground almonds
- ½ tsp vanilla pods
- 2 oz white chocolate, melted
- 1 square dark chocolate
- In a bowl, mix together all of your filling ingredients. Mix until you get a dough that's the right consistency—you should be able to mold it with your hands. If your mixture is too wet to allow you to mold it, add a bit more ground almonds until it becomes more solid.
- Shape four small bars (or rectangles) out of your mix. Place them on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Melt the white chocolate in a bain marie (a glass bowl on top of a pot of boiling water). If your chocolate is sticking too much and isn't melting properly, add a tiny bit of coconut oil to help it along.
- Once your chocolate has melted, pour some of it on top of the bars. Then turn them around and pour more of the chocolate on the other side.
- To decorate the bars, you can add a few layers of melted dark chocolate and more chopped nuts. Use your imagination. You can make some zebra-striped bars like I did, or let your imagination run wild.