This is a relatively simple recipe that works beautifully as a side dish to your main protein source. You could even use as a replacement for regular mashed potatoes at your next big holiday meal!
- 2 lb sweet potatoes, peeled
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tbsp butter
- to taste cinnamon
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wrap the sweet potatoes in aluminum foil and bake for 30-45 minutes, or until soft.
- While the potatoes are baking, combine the remaining ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat.
- When the sweet potatoes are done, remove and place in a bowl. Slowly add the milk mixture, beating together until the mixture is well blended and the potatoes are fluffy. Serve immediately.
- Note: You can skip the sugar and butter if you're trying to reduce your total calorie count.