Protein crepes are incredibly easy and, arguably, one of the most fun ways to eat your whey protein powder. Why? Because you can fill them with all sorts of stuff! You can fill them with peanut butter and jelly, almond butter and bananas, or with dark chocolate and berries! You can even fill them with protein fluff or casein pudding for an out-of-this-world ultra-high-protein experience!
- ½ cup(s) vanilla whey protein powder
- ½ cup fat-free cottage cheese
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup liquid egg whites
- Using a hand-held blender, mixer or a food processor, blend all ingredients. If you want, add spices like cinnamon, orange or lemon zest, or nutmeg to batter.
- Once your batter is smooth, heat a pan greased with a teaspoon of butter, coconut oil, or cooking spray. Allow the pan to get super hot.
- Once pan is hot, pour in 1/4 cup of batter. (The batter should sizzle when you pour it into the pan.) As soon as the batter hits the pan, turn down the burner to medium-high so it cooks evenly and doesn't burn.
- Cover the surface of the pan with the batter in a thin layer. Spread the batter by moving the pan or by spreading it with a spoon or spatula.
- Flip each crepe as soon as bubbles begin to form on its surface. Then, allow the other side to cook—it should only take a few seconds—until it gets golden brown.
- When the crepe is done, remove it from pan and put it on a plate. You may have to re-grease the pan every three or four crepes.
- Once all your crepes are prepared, fill them! For this column, I filled them with peanut butter and sprinkled them with medium-chain triglyceride powder. But the sky is the limit. You can fill them with protein fluff, protein pudding, nuts, fresh fruit, or melted dark chocolate. You can even go down a savory route and fill them with red pepper, chicken, and avocado!