This stew makes use of ground turkey to add extra protein, giving you well-balanced nutrition that's perfect for any post-workout meal. You'll also get a hearty dose of antioxidants thanks to the addition of mustard greens.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¾ lb ground 99% fat-free turkey breast
- 2 sliced white onion
- 2 whole green pepper, chopped
- 6 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cup stemmed and torn mustard greens
- 2 cup sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
- 2 diced carrot
- In a large pot, combine the broth, mustard greens, sweet potatoes, lentils, salt, and pepper. Put on low heat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add half the garlic and ground turkey, cooking until no longer pink. Be careful not to burn the garlic. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Heat the second tablespoon of olive oil in the same skillet, again over medium heat.
- Add to the pot containing the broth mixture.
- Bring stew to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the ground turkey and garlic to the pot, cover, and cook for another 10-15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so.
- Serve immediately.