It's hard to stay healthy during the holidays when everyone else seems to be indulging. Celebrating with friends and family is important, but how do you do it without ruining your diet? This healthy holiday recipe is designed to excite your tastebuds while eliminating the guilt. Enjoy!
- 15 oz pumpkin puree
- ½ cup egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 scoop(s) RSP TrueFit Grass-Fed Protein, Cinnamon Churro
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose gluten-free flour
- ½ cup coconut oil, chilled
- ¼ tsp table salt
- 1 egg
- ⅔ cup water
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the gluten-free flour, salt, and xanthan gum by hand.
- Blend in the chilled coconut oil, mixing with a fork until it forms crumbs.
- Add the egg and continue mixing.
- Slowly pour in the ice-cold water a little at a time, incorporating the water into the dough before adding more. You want to create a mixture that isn't too wet or too crumbly.
- Shape the dough into a ball and let it rest in the fridge for 30-45 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix the pumpkin, maple, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Whisk in the egg, followed by the egg whites, and incorporate into the custard.
- Mix in the almond milk, pie spice, and TrueFit.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a circle that is 2 inches wider than your pie pan.
- Gently place the dough in the pie pan and crimp the edges to create a decorative crust.
- Pour in the filling and bake for 40 minutes or until the center is firm.
- Note: Omit xanthan gum if the gluten-free flour contains it